We work to support the rights of our residents and provide the same standards of living as others in the community.
Weiblinger's Residential Care provides adults throughout the North and South Hills with clean, safe and affordable living conditions.
What is Chapter 6400?
- This chapter is based on the principle of normalization which defines the right of the individual with mental retardation to live a life which is as close as possible in all aspects to the life which any member of the community might choose.
- For the individual with mental retardation who requires a residential service, the design of the service shall be made with the individual's unique needs in mind so that the service will facilitate the person's ongoing growth and development
What purpose does it serve?
- The purpose of this chapter is to protect the health, safety and well-being of individuals with mental retardation, through the formulation, implementation and enforcement of minimum requirements for the operation of community homes for people with mental retardation
How does this differ from other chapters in the state?
- There are four different sets of regulations of licensed services in the state of PA (2380, 2390, 6400, and 6500)
**6500 pertains to Family Living Homes
- The chapter 6400 regulations hold residential care providers to the most strict set of guidelines in the state.
- The requirements are but not limited to:
*Licensure or approval of facilities and agencies
*Fire safety occupancy permit
*Reporting of unusual incidents
*Record of incidents
*Criminal history check
*Individual funds and property managment
For Full 6400 information and Requirements:
- For full details visit the Pennsylvania code website at:
Weiblinger's Residential Care, Inc.
Providing quality care since 1975
Our residents health and well being is a top priority. As a result, we ensure that all staff receives quality health and emergency training.